Pre-Calculus weaves together the previous study of algebra, geometry, and mathematical functions into a preparatory course for calculus. The course focuses on mastery of critical skills and exposure to new skills necessary for success in subsequent math courses. Throughout the course, Common Core standards are taught and reinforced as the student learns how to apply the concepts in real-life situations. Topics include fundamental concepts of Algebra, functions and graphs, polynomials and rational functions, exponential and logarithmic functions, trigonometric functions, analytic trigonometry, topics in trigonometry, systems of equations and inequalities, matrices and determinants, conic sections and analytic geometry, sequences, induction, probability, and an introduction to Calculus.
- Course Name: Pre-Calculus
- Subject Area: Mathematics
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Precalculus Common Core Edition. Glencoe McGraw-Hill Education, 2014.
Take Online Pre-Calculus for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online Pre-Calculus is part of the curriculum for College Prep Diploma students and an elective for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!