Questions on enrolling?
We're here 9am-9pm ET Mon-Fri

Questions on enrolling?
We're here 9am-9pm ET Mon-Fri

Questions on enrolling? We're here 9am-9pm ET Mon-Fri

Transfer Credits

We Accept Transfer High School Credits

Good news for prospective students! If you have successfully completed some high school courses elsewhere, you may be able to transfer your high school credits into James Madison High School. Our Registrar will evaluate your transcripts and verify how many transfer credits will apply toward your accredited JMHS diploma.

Why You Should Transfer High School Credits

  • Eliminate the need to repeat courses
  • Reduce your tuition
  • Graduate faster

We accept full and half credits, which means you can transfer a partial year or even partial course from your high school. We accept a maximum of 17 transfer credits and will reduce your tuition by $ for each credit accepted for a total possible tuition savings of $.

Will Transferring Credits Reduce my Tuition Costs?

Grade(s) Completed... JMHS Tuition
No High School $
9th Grade $
9th - 10th Grade $
9th - 11th Grade $

*Tuition based on Monthly Auto Pay. Transfer credits subject to eligibility.

How to Transfer High School Credits to JMHS

To apply for transfer credits, an official transcript from an accredited institution must be submitted to us no later than 90 days after you enroll. Prompt receipt of your high school transcript allows us to evaluate your high school credits so we can determine your appropriate grade level and suggest the best learning track for you to graduate in a timely manner.

  1. Download and print the JMHS Transcript Request Form (PDF)
  2. Put in the required information and send the form to your previous school or Board of Education office
  3. Have your school fax (770) 729-8578 or mail the transcript to us at the following address:

James Madison High School
Attn: Transcripts
5051 Peachtree Corners Circle, Suite 200
Norcross, GA 30092

If you are unable to provide a transcript and are over age 18, you may waive the transcript requirement through the transcript exemption form found in your Student Portal.

Transfer Credits From Homeschooled Students

Homeschooled students without a traditional transcript should submit a complete portfolio and/or documentation of their school work, along with the Home School Form. No portfolio? Request a test from us that, if passed, permits you to remain a student but does not award credit.

How do I request a copy of my diploma or high school transcript from James Madison?

You may request a copy of your James Madison High School transcript using the Transcript Request Form. Transcripts may be obtained by contacting student services at 1-800-224-7234. Transcripts are $15.00 for printed and $13.00 for e-transcript and are happy to send them to prospective employers and college admission offices. Payment must be received prior to your transcript's release.

Transferring your high school credits into JMHS. It's easy! Call 1-800-349-6861 to learn more or enroll online today and get started.