Online College Courses for High School Students
If you're planning to move on to college, you don't have to wait until you get your high school diploma from James Madison High School to get started – you can take online college classes in high school. JMHS is proud to partner with eCore to offer online college courses for high school students.
What is eCore?
eCore, a collaborative program with the University System of Georgia (USG), was established with the goal to make higher education more accessible via online college courses. The eCore program provides the opportunity to complete online college courses for high school students with affiliate institutions (like JMHS!). Undergraduate and general educational requirement college courses are offered through colleges and universities within the USG.
Through the Dual Enrollment Program, a college program for high school students, JMHS students in 10th through 12th grade can take online college courses and earn high school and college credits simultaneously, gaining valuable college credit before you finish high school.
How Does High School/College Dual Enrollment Work?
- Online college classes are delivered entirely online though USG colleges and universities
- Free textbooks and free online tutoring
- Online college courses are available in full 16-week sessions as well as accelerated eight-week sessions in fall, spring and summer
- Students can earn up to 15 credit hours per semester
I Don't Live in Georgia... Can I Still Enroll in the eCore College Program for High School Students
Yes! Since JMHS is an online school with students all across the nation, special exceptions were made for this partnership to provide online college classes for high school students everywhere. Out-of-state students can also participate in the eCore college program for high school students and pay only $159 per credit hour. However, the Dual Enrollment funding program offered by the Georgia Student Finance Commission, is for Georgia students only.
How To Enroll in Online College Courses for High School Students
For Georgia Students (Dual Enrollment)
- First, you must be admitted to an eCore affiliate college or university. If you're with JMHS, you've got that part covered!
- You will need to submit
- An official high school transcript
- Your SAT/ACT scores
- Work with your advisor to register for eCore online college courses
For Students Outside of Georgia (eCore)
Students from outside of Georgia will have to take an Introduction Quiz before registering for an eCore online college course. Within 48 hours after completion, you will receive an email with instructions on how to register for your online college classes. Get full information here.