English 4 College Prep Course Online
Our English 4 College Prep course online is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks, while traveling or during the summer break. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online English 4 College Prep course and earning a high school diploma online.
Summer School - Online English IV Summer Course
We accept enrollments year-round in our online high school classes. You can easily take our online English IV summer course for high school credit recovery to make up credits with JMHS as your online summer school because we let you study on your own schedule. Being a JMHS online summer school student won't interfere with your job, family responsibilities or summer vacation, because you fit learning time comfortably into your routine.
Consider our Online English IV Summer Course if You Want to...
- Get ahead of your current english placement
- Make up high school credits for a previously failed or incomplete English IV course
- Catch up to your graduating class
- Course Name: English IV (College Prep)
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Prentice Hall Literature, Grade 12: Common Core Edition (Parts I, II): Pearson (2012)
English IV (College Prep) is a chronological study of the development of British literature through various genres including: non-fiction, poetry, short stories, drama, and novels. Students will analyze and evaluate informational and literary works in conjunction with British historical events beginning with the Old English and Medieval periods and continuing into the Postmodern period. Through reading prolific writers such as Geoffrey Chaucer, Edmund Spencer, William Shakespeare, John Milton, John Donne, Jane Austen, Mary Shelley, Charles Dickens, Rudyard Kipling, James Berry, and Anita Desai, students will explore major questions surrounding the relationship between literature and setting, literature as a reflection and shaper of society, and the relationship of the writer to tradition. In tandem with literary study, they will also sharpen vocabulary and grammar skills through interactive activities and writing assignments. Multiple choice, open-response, and essay assessments will measure students' progress throughout their study of the content. English IV (College Prep) contains additional writing assignments than what is required for English IV (General).
Online High School - How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn English IV at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified English IV teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.
Enroll in our English IV course online as a single-purchase course for high school credit recovery or online summer school, or as part of our high school diploma curriculum. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!