English IV Course Online
Our English IV course online is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your English IV course online and becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: English IV (College Prep)
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep
- Price: $299
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Prentice Hall Literature, Grade 12: Common Core Edition (Parts I, II): Pearson (2012)
English IV (College Prep) is a chronological study of the development of British literature through various genres including: non-fiction, poetry, short stories, drama, and novels. Students will analyze and evaluate informational and literary works in conjunction with British historical events beginning with the Old English and Medieval periods and continuing into the Postmodern period. Through reading prolific writers such as Geoffrey Chaucer, Edmund Spencer, William Shakespeare, John Milton, John Donne, Jane Austen, Mary Shelley, Charles Dickens, Rudyard Kipling, James Berry, and Anita Desai, students will explore major questions surrounding the relationship between literature and setting, literature as a reflection and shaper of society, and the relationship of the writer to tradition. In tandem with literary study, they will also sharpen vocabulary and grammar skills through interactive activities and writing assignments. Multiple choice, open-response, and essay assessments will measure students' progress throughout their study of the content. English IV (College Prep) contains additional writing assignments than what is required for English IV (General).
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.