English III Course Online
Our English III course online is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your English III course online and becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: English III (College Prep)
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep
- Price: $299
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Prentice Hall Literature, Grade 11: Common Core Edition (Parts I, II): Pearson (2012)
English III (College Prep) is a chronological study of the development of American literature through various genres including: non-fiction, poetry, short stories, drama, and novels. Students will analyze and evaluate informational and literary works in conjunction with American historical events beginning with the Native American oral tradition and continuing into the contemporary period of the present. Through reading prolific writers such as Anne Bradstreet, Edgar Allan Poe, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Mark Twain, Frederick Douglass, Ernest Hemingway, Katherine Anne Porter, and Amy Tan, students will explore major questions surrounding the American identity, literature as a reflection and shaper of society, and the relationship between literature and setting. In tandem with literary study, they will also sharpen vocabulary and grammar skills through interactive activities and writing assignments. Multiple choice, open-response, and essay assessments will measure students' progress throughout their study of the content. English III (College Prep) contains additional writing essay assignments than what is required for English III (General).
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.