English II Course Online
Our English II College Prep course online is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere –- at home, during work breaks, while traveling or during the summer break. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online English II course and earning a high school diploma online.
Summer School - Online English II Summer Course
We accept enrollments year-round in our online high school classes. You can easily take our online English II summer course for high school credit recovery to make up credits with JMHS as your online summer school because we let you study on your own schedule. Being a JMHS online summer school student won't interfere with your job, family responsibilities or summer vacation, because you fit learning time comfortably into your routine.
Consider our Online English II Summer Course if You Want to...
- Get ahead of your current english placement
- Make up high school credits for a previously failed or incomplete English II course
- Catch up to your graduating class
- Course Name: English II (College Prep)
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Prentice Hall Literature, Grade 10: Common Core Edition (Parts I, II): Pearson (2012)
English II (College Prep) is an examination of the genres, writing techniques, themes, and styles associated with fine literature. Students will be asked to analyze literature and think critically about idea development. Skills developed will be integrated to form a strong foundation in literature, grammar and composition. Students will read a variety of works, including fiction and non-fiction short stories, various types of poetry, a novel of their choice, plays and famous speeches. Authors covered in the text include William Shakespeare, Dylan Thomas, Rudyard Kipling, Robert Frost, Alfred Tennyson, Maya Angelou and Alexander Pushkin among others. English II focuses on comprehending complex text, analyzing argument, reading and analyzing poetry, reading informational and expository text, learning about the oral interpretation of literary works, analyzing how diction and syntax establish a writer's style, determining central ideas, identifying elements of plot structure literary drama, and Greek theater and tragedy. Students will learn to develop literary analysis with support from the text, reflect on and write about short story elements, write a cause and effect essay, a comparison essay and a persuasive essay. Skills are developed through writing assignments as well as multiple-choice exams. English II (College Prep) contains additional writing assignments than what is required for English II (General), as well as a unit on Edith Wharton's "Ethan Frome."
Online High School - How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn English II at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified English II teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.
Enroll in our English II course online as a single-purchase course for high school credit recovery or online summer school, or as part of our high school diploma curriculum. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!