College Prep English I Course Online
Our online college prep English course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere –- at home, during work breaks, while traveling or during the summer break. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online English I course and earning a high school diploma online.
Summer School - Online English I Summer Course
We accept enrollments year-round in our online high school classes. You can easily take our online English I summer course for high school credit recovery to make up credits with JMHS as your online summer school because we let you study on your own schedule. Being a JMHS online summer school student won't interfere with your job, family responsibilities or summer vacation, because you fit learning time comfortably into your routine.
Consider our Online English I Summer Course if You Want to...
- Get ahead of your current english placement
- Make up high school credits for a previously failed or incomplete English I course
- Catch up to your graduating class
- Course Name: English I (College Prep)
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Prentice Hall Literature, Grade 9: Common Core Edition (Parts I, II): Pearson (2012)
English I (College Prep) is an examination of classical and contemporary non-fiction, poetry, short stories, drama, and novels, focusing on the integration of the three fundamental disciplines of language arts: literature, grammar, and composition. Students will read a variety of works, including fiction and non-fiction short stories, various types of poetry, plays, and famous speeches, including a specific focus on works written by authors such as Edgar Allen Poe, Mark Twain, Shakespeare, and Homer's "The Odyssey", among others. English I focuses on answering the "big questions" in response to literature, making inferences, predictions, and connections, comparing works, identifying figurative language and themes in literature. Skills are developed through a series of writing assignments as well as multiple choice exams and a comprehensive final. English I (College Prep) contains additional writing assignments than what is required for the English I (General) course.
Online High School - How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn English I at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified English I teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.
Enroll in our English I course online as a single-purchase course for high school credit recovery or online summer school, or as part of our high school diploma curriculum. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!