English I Course Online
Our English I course online is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere –- at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your English I course online and becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: English I (College Prep)
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep
- Price: $299
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Prentice Hall Literature, Grade 9: Common Core Edition (Parts I, II): Pearson (2012)
English I (College Prep) is an examination of classical and contemporary non-fiction, poetry, short stories, drama, and novels, focusing on the integration of the three fundamental disciplines of language arts: literature, grammar, and composition. Students will read a variety of works, including fiction and non-fiction short stories, various types of poetry, plays, and famous speeches, including a specific focus on works written by authors such as Edgar Allen Poe, Mark Twain, Shakespeare, and Homer's "The Odyssey", among others. English I focuses on answering the "big questions" in response to literature, making inferences, predictions, and connections, comparing works, identifying figurative language and themes in literature. Skills are developed through a series of writing assignments as well as multiple choice exams and a comprehensive final. English I (College Prep) contains additional writing assignments than what is required for the English I (General) course.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.