Online American Government and Economics Course
Our online American Government and Economics course is comprehensive and convenient. Study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime and be a step closer to completing your online American Government and Economics course and becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: American Government & Economics (General)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $299 [Pulled from API]
- Book(s)*: Prentice McGruder's American Government (1st Edition, Volume 1): Pearson Prentice Hall (2010); Prentice Hall: Economics (1st Edition, Volume 1): Pearson Prentice Hall (2013)
Part 1 of American Government & Economics (General) explores the structure, dynamics and processes of the American system of government, providing a comprehensive introduction to the origins and development of ideas and institutions that influence the contemporary political milieu. The course examines the development and composition of the Declaration of Independence, the United States Constitution, the three branches of government, political parties, and interest groups within the framework of the historical, economic and social context. Assessment of student learning occurs through multiple choice exams.
Part 2 of this course explores the fundamental economic question of the behavior of consumers, firms, and markets under the constrictions of scarcity. Topics covered include supply and demand analysis, determination of market prices, profit maximizing output, distribution of income, Gross Domestic Product, and fiscal and monetary policy. Assessment of student learning occurs through multiple choice exams.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.