Online United States Government and Economics
In the first part of the United States Government and Economics (General) course, students will learn key concepts associated with being an American. They will learn about the state, national, and local governments. Students will also learn about key issues, court cases, and documents that have shaped the United States into the country that it is today.
In the second part of the course, students will learn to understand economics from the viewpoint of the individual consumer or small business owner to the global economy. The course will study the law of supply and demand, forms of business, labor unions, government finances and influence on the economy, money, prices, and inflation and deflation cycles. The course relates history and politics to the study of economics.
Assessment of student learning occurs through multiple choice exams.
- Course Name: American Government & Economics (General)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Book(s)*: United States Government: Our Democracy. McGraw-Hill Education, 2018. Understanding Economics. McGraw Hill Education, 2018.
Take Online American Government and Economics for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online American Government and Economics is part of the curriculum for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!