Online American Government and Economics
Part 1 of American Government & Economics (General) explores the structure, dynamics and processes of the American system of government, providing a comprehensive introduction to the origins and development of ideas and institutions that influence the contemporary political milieu. The course examines the development and composition of the Declaration of Independence, the United States Constitution, the three branches of government, political parties, and interest groups within the framework of the historical, economic and social context. Assessment of student learning occurs through multiple choice exams.
Part 2 of this course explores the fundamental economic question of the behavior of consumers, firms, and markets under the constrictions of scarcity. Topics covered include supply and demand analysis, determination of market prices, profit maximizing output, distribution of income, Gross Domestic Product, and fiscal and monetary policy. Assessment of student learning occurs through multiple choice exams.
- Course Name: American Government & Economics (General)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Book(s)*: Prentice McGruder’s American Government (1st ed., Vol. 1). Pearson Prentice Hall (2010). Prentice Hall: Economics (1st ed., Vol. 1). Pearson Prentice Hall (2013).
Take Online American Government and Economics for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online American Government and Economics is part of the curriculum for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!