World History Course Online
Our World History College Prep course online is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks, while traveling or during the summer break. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online World History course and earning a high school diploma online.
Summer School - Online World History Summer Course
We accept enrollments year-round in our online high school classes. You can easily take our online World History summer course for high school credit recovery to make up credits with JMHS as your online summer school because we let you study on your own schedule. Being a JMHS online summer school student won't interfere with your job, family responsibilities or summer vacation, because you fit learning time comfortably into your routine.
Consider our Online World History Summer Course if You Want to...
- Get ahead of your current social studies placement
- Make up high school credits for a previously failed or incomplete World History course
- Catch up to your graduating class
- Course Name: World History (College Prep)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Books(s)*: World History, Pearson Prentice Hall (2011)
World History (College Prep) is an in-depth study of our global community's past, emphasizing the people and events that changed past societies, and how these changes affect our modern society. The course is separated into lessons comprising the following topic areas: Early civilizations such as Ancient Greece and Rome, the rise of Christianity and civilizations of the Americas, societies of the Middle Ages such as the Byzantine Empire, Russia and Eastern Europe, the Renaissance and Reformation, the start of the Global Age in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Americas, the Age of Absolutism, the regional civilizations of Islam, Africa, and the spread of civilization in East and Southeast Asia. Other topic areas will include the French Revolution and Napoleon, the beginning of the Industrial Revolution and the Revolutions of Europe and Latin America, Nationalism in Europe, the growth of Western Democracies, and New Imperialism. The course closes with World War I and the Russian Revolution, the rise of totalitarianism, World War II and its aftermath, the world since 1945 including the Cold War, the emergence of new nations, regional conflicts, the developing world and the world today. Understanding of the material will be conveyed through multiple choice lesson exams as well as final exams that include short answer questions.
Online High School - How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn World History at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified World History teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.
Enroll in our World History course online as a single-purchase course for high school credit recovery or online summer school, or as part of our high school diploma curriculum. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!