Online English IV
English IV (General) is a chronological study of the development of British literature through various genres including: non-fiction, poetry, short stories, drama, and novels. Students will analyze and evaluate informational and literary works in conjunction with British historical events beginning with the Old English and Medieval periods and continuing into the Postmodern period. Through reading prolific writers such as Geoffrey Chaucer, Edmund Spencer, William Shakespeare, John Milton, John Donne, Jane Austen, Mary Shelley, Charles Dickens, Rudyard Kipling, James Berry, and Anita Desai, students will explore major questions surrounding the relationship between literature and setting, literature as a reflection and shaper of society, and the relationship of the writer to tradition. In tandem with literary study, they will also sharpen vocabulary and grammar skills through interactive activities and writing assignments. Multiple choice, open-response, and essay assessments will measure students’ progress throughout their study of the content.
- Course Name: English IV (General)
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Prentice Hall Literature Grade 12 (Parts I, II). Pearson (2012).
- Prerequisite: English III
Take Online English IV for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online English IV is part of the curriculum for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!