Online English III Course
Our online English III course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere –- at home, during work breaks, while traveling or during the summer break. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online English III course and earning a high school diploma online.
Summer School - Online English III Summer Course
We accept enrollments year-round in our online high school classes. You can easily take our online English III summer course for high school credit recovery to make up credits with JMHS as your online summer school because we let you study on your own schedule. Being a JMHS online summer school student won't interfere with your job, family responsibilities or summer vacation, because you fit learning time comfortably into your routine.
Consider our Online English III Summer Course if You Want to...
- Get ahead of your current english placement
- Make up high school credits for a previously failed or incomplete English III course
- Catch up to your graduating class
- Course Name: English III (General)
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Prentice Hall Literature, Grade 11: Common Core Edition (Parts I, II): Pearson (2012)
English III (General) is a chronological study of the development of American literature through various genres including: non-fiction, poetry, short stories, drama, and novels. Students will analyze and evaluate informational and literary works in conjunction with American historical events beginning with the Native American oral tradition and continuing into the contemporary period of the present. Through reading prolific writers such as Anne Bradstreet, Edgar Allan Poe, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Mark Twain, Frederick Douglass, Ernest Hemingway, Katherine Anne Porter, and Amy Tan, students will explore major questions surrounding the American identity, literature as a reflection and shaper of society, and the relationship between literature and setting. In tandem with literary study, they will also sharpen vocabulary and grammar skills through interactive activities and writing assignments. Multiple choice, open-response, and essay assessments will measure students' progress throughout their study of the content.
Online High School - How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn English III at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified English III teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.
Enroll in our online English III course as a single-purchase course for high school credit recovery or online summer school, or as part of our high school diploma curriculum. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!