Online English III
English III (General) is a chronological study of non-fiction and fiction short story. Students will analyze and evaluate informational and literary works in conjunction with American historical events beginning with the Native American oral tradition and continuing into the contemporary period of the present. Through reading and viewing media, students will explore major questions surrounding the American identity, literature as a reflection and shaper of society, and the relationship between literature and setting. In tandem with literary study, they will also sharpen vocabulary and grammar skills through interactive activities and writing assignments. Multiple choice quizzes and assignments will measure students' progress throughout their study of the content.
- Course Name: English III (General)
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Each lesson provides reading passages and/or links to reading passages.
Take Online English III for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online English III is part of the curriculum for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!