Online Vocabulary Studies Course
Our online Vocabulary Studies course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This course is available as part of a JMHS diploma program; not for individual purchase. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: Vocabulary Studies
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: Not Available For Single Purchase
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s): Custom Curriculum
Vocabulary Studies is a fundamental English/Language Arts course that focuses on helping students improve and understand vocabulary words by examination of Greek and Latin bases of words, recognition of word parts such as prefixes and suffixes, and looking at the etymological, or root, meanings of words. Students will recognize relationships between words (analogies, synonyms, and antonyms), as well as mastering difficult or confusing words (homonyms, homophones, and homographs). Students will also learn to break down challenging words into parts and to derive meaning of vocabulary words from context. The course provides an extensive introduction to figurative language, such as metaphors, similes, personification, idioms, and alliteration. Students are assessed by multiple choice exams on the course content.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks