Online Spanish 1
Spanish 1 integrates all the modalities of Spanish, speaking, reading, writing, and listening, to help the students achieve a basic level of proficiency. Students will study the most elementary concepts of grammar, vocabulary, dialogue, and culture, focusing on activities and routines used in daily life at school and home. The big idea of Spanish I includes mastery of the two forms of the verb “to be” (ser and estar) and how and when to accurately use them. It is a gentle introduction to the language and culture as a whole, and develops skills through reading, writing, and listening assignments as well as multiple choice, fill in the blank, and short answer exams and a comprehensive midterm and final.
- Course Name: Spanish I
- Subject Area: Foreign Language
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: ¡Así se dice!. (Parts I, II). New York: McGraw-Hill, 2016.
Take Online Spanish 1 for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online Spanish 1 is part of the curriculum for College Prep Diploma students and an elective for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!