Online Public Speaking
Principles of Public Speaking is a comprehensive study of the fundamental principles and skills of public speaking. Students will read, analyze, and evaluate research-based writings in order to develop a working understanding of the relevance of public address. They will examine the purposes, methods, and steps in preparing speeches. Further, students will develop communication skills in listening, speech criticism, as well as audience analysis and writing. A discussion of effective delivery techniques for presentation of a variety of speeches will allow students to further their knowledge of public speaking. Students’ progress will be measured by multiple choice assessments as well as speech writing assignments.
- Course Name: Principles of Public Speaking
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: The Essential Elements of Public Speaking (3rd ed). Pearson (2009). The Art of Public Speaking (10th ed). McGraw-Hill (2009). Public Speaking: Strategies for Success (6th ed). Pearson (2011).
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online Public Speaking is an elective course for College Prep Diploma students and General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!