Online Public Speaking Course
Our online Public Speaking course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks, while traveling or during the summer break. This course is available as part of a JMHS diploma program; not for individual purchase. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online Public Speaking course and earning a high school diploma online.
Summer School - Online Public Speaking Summer Course
We accept enrollments year-round in our online high school classes. You can easily take our online Public Speaking summer course for high school credit recovery to make up credits with JMHS as your online summer school because we let you study on your own schedule. Being a JMHS online summer school student won't interfere with your job, family responsibilities or summer vacation, because you fit learning time comfortably into your routine.
Consider our Online Public Speaking Summer Course if You Want to...
- Get ahead of your current math placement
- Make up high school credits for a previously failed or incomplete Public Speaking course
- Catch up to your graduating class
- Course Name: Principles of Public Speaking
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: The Essential Elements of Public Speaking (3rd edition), Pearson (2009); The Art of Public Speaking (10th edition), McGraw-Hill (2009); Public Speaking: Strategies for Success (6th edition), Pearson (2011)
Principles of Public Speaking is a comprehensive study of the fundamental principles and skills of public speaking. Students will read, analyze, and evaluate research-based writings in order to develop a working understanding of the relevance of public address. They will examine the purposes, methods, and steps in preparing speeches. Further, students will develop communication skills in listening, speech criticism, as well as audience analysis and writing. A discussion of effective delivery techniques for presentation of a variety of speeches will allow students to further their knowledge of public speaking. Students' progress will be measured by multiple choice assessments as well as speech writing assignments.
Online High School - How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn Public Speaking at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified Public Speaking teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.
Enroll in our online Public Speaking course as a single-purchase course for high school credit recovery or online summer school, or as part of our high school diploma curriculum. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!