Online Public Speaking Course
Our online Public Speaking course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere –- at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This course is available as part of a JMHS diploma program; not for individual purchase. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: Principles of Public Speaking
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: $299
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: The Essential Elements of Public Speaking (3rd edition), Pearson (2009); The Art of Public Speaking (10th edition), McGraw-Hill (2009); Public Speaking: Strategies for Success (6th edition), Pearson (2011)
Principles of Public Speaking is a comprehensive study of the fundamental principles and skills of public speaking. Students will read, analyze, and evaluate research-based writings in order to develop a working understanding of the relevance of public address. They will examine the purposes, methods, and steps in preparing speeches. Further, students will develop communication skills in listening, speech criticism, as well as audience analysis and writing. A discussion of effective delivery techniques for presentation of a variety of speeches will allow students to further their knowledge of public speaking. Students' progress will be measured by multiple choice assessments as well as speech writing assignments.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.