The Pre-Algebra course is an introduction to basic algebra concepts and a review of arithmetic algorithms. The course emphasizes the concepts necessary to be successful in Algebra I and II. The course helps students develop good mathematical study skills and learning strategies. Students will explore algebraic expressions and integers, solve one-step equations and inequalities, decimals and equations, factors, fractions, exponents, operations with fractions, ratios, proportions, percents, linear functions and graphing, spatial thinking, area and volume, right triangles in Algebra, data analysis and probability, and nonlinear functions and polynomials. Assessment of student learning occurs through multiple-choice unit exams and final written exams that will require the student to demonstrate understanding by showing work.
- Course Name: Pre-Algebra
- Subject Area: Mathematics
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Glencoe Accelerated Mathematics. McGraw-Hill Education, 2018.
Take Online Pre-Algebra for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online Pre-Algebra is part of the curriculum for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!