Online Pre-Algebra Course
Our online Pre-Algebra course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online Pre-Algebra course and becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: Pre-Algebra
- Subject Area: Mathematics
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $299
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Pre-Algebra, Pearson Prentice Hall (2009)
Our Pre-Algebra course is an introduction to basic algebra concepts and a review of arithmetic algorithms. The course emphasizes the concepts necessary to be successful in Algebra I and II. The course helps students develop good mathematical study skills and learning strategies. Students will explore algebraic expressions and integers, solve one-step equations and inequalities, decimals and equations, factors, fractions, exponents, operations with fractions, ratios, proportions, percents, linear functions and graphing, spatial thinking, area and volume, right triangles in Algebra, data analysis and probability, and nonlinear functions and polynomials. Part I includes six multiple choice lesson exams and a midterm written exam that will require the student to demonstrate understanding by showing work. Pre-Algebra Part II includes six multiple choice lesson exams and a final written exam that will require the student to demonstrate understanding by showing work, as well as a multiple choice comprehensive final exam covering parts I and II of Pre-Algebra.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.