Physics introduces students to relationships in the natural world using mathematical models and conceptual thinking. Motion, forces, work, and energy are the major themes investigated in this course. An exploration of different types of motion including straight-line motion, circular motion and gravity, allow students to develop skills in looking at motion and movement different perspectives. The investigation of forces looks at the causes of motion and the interactions between objects. These interactions occur because of the types of energies that occur in a system. How this energy is transferred and the efficiency of its transfer are illustrated as you analyze collisions and the influence of simple machines work. You will explore Newton’s Laws in detail during this course. Students will study different types of energy by expanding their learning about the atomic nature of matter. Other topics studied include the difference between temperature and heat and how heat is transferred. Other forms of energy including waves (mechanical, sound and light, too), electricity, magnetism and finally nuclear energy round out the topics in the second part of this course. As you study the different forms of energy the focus is on the conceptual relationships that are unique to each as well as how each of these forms of energy are present in our everyday world.
- Course Name: Physics
- Subject Area: Science
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Physics: Principles & Problems. McGraw Hill, 2017.
Take Online Physics for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online Physics is part of the curriculum for College Prep Diploma students and an elective for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!