Online Physical Science
The Physical Science course provides a foundation for understanding how chemistry and physics concepts relate to everyday life and the world around us. Students will focus on a qualitative approach to topics such as energy, waves, light, electricity, and magnetism. There is also some quantitative analysis with topics such as motion, forces, and heat. Students will come to an understanding of how many of these topics are interrelated; for example, the relationship between electricity and magnetism. Students are given an opportunity to identify core concepts through the reading material and then apply that knowledge in review activities. Comprehension will be assessed through formative activities, multiple-choice exams, and comprehensive short-answer exams.
- Course Name: Physical Science
- Subject Area: Science
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Physical Science. McGraw Hill, 2018.
Take Online Physical Science for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online Physical Science is part of the curriculum for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!