Online Physical Science Course
Our online Physical Science course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online Physical Science course and becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: Physical Science
- Subject Area: Science
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: $299
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Physical Science: Concepts in Action (Parts I, II): Pearson Prentice Hall (2011)
Our Physical Science course provides a foundation for understanding how chemistry and physics concepts relate to everyday life and the world around us. Students will focus on a qualitative approach to topics such as the scientific method, states of matter and their behaviors, atomic structure, chemical bonds, energy, waves, light, electricity and magnetism. There is also some quantitative analysis with topics such as chemical reactions, motion, forces and heat. Students will come to an understanding of how many of these topics are interrelated. For example, atomic structure leads to chemical compounds that can undergo chemical reactions or the relationship between electricity and magnetism. Students are given an opportunity to identify core concepts through the reading material and then apply that knowledge in review activities. Comprehension will be assessed through multiple choice exams and a comprehensive short answer final exam.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.