Online Physical Science Course for High School
Our online Physical Science course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks, while traveling or during the summer break. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online Physical Science course and earning a high school diploma online.
Summer School - Online Physical Science Summer Course
We accept enrollments year-round in our online high school classes. You can easily take our online Physical Science summer course for high school credit recovery to make up credits with JMHS as your online summer school because we let you study on your own schedule. Being a JMHS online summer school student won't interfere with your job, family responsibilities or summer vacation, because you fit learning time comfortably into your routine.
Consider our Online Physical Science Summer Course if You Want to...
- Get ahead of your current science placement
- Make up high school credits for a previously failed or incomplete Physical Science course
- Catch up to your graduating class
- Course Name: Physical Science
- Subject Area: Science
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Physical Science: Concepts in Action (Parts I, II): Pearson Prentice Hall (2011)
Our Physical Science course provides a foundation for understanding how chemistry and physics concepts relate to everyday life and the world around us. Students will focus on a qualitative approach to topics such as the scientific method, states of matter and their behaviors, atomic structure, chemical bonds, energy, waves, light, electricity and magnetism. There is also some quantitative analysis with topics such as chemical reactions, motion, forces and heat. Students will come to an understanding of how many of these topics are interrelated. For example, atomic structure leads to chemical compounds that can undergo chemical reactions or the relationship between electricity and magnetism. Students are given an opportunity to identify core concepts through the reading material and then apply that knowledge in review activities. Comprehension will be assessed through multiple choice exams and a comprehensive short answer final exam.
Online High School - How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn Physical Science at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified Physical Science teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.
Enroll in our online Physical Science course as a single-purchase course for high school credit recovery or online summer school, or as part of our high school diploma curriculum. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!