Online General Math
The General Mathematics course introduces fundamental math concepts. The topics include whole numbers, operations on whole numbers, fractions, decimals, ratios, rates, and proportions. The focus is on learning the computational procedures and then applying the skills to problem solving in applications. These topics set the stage for the study of percents, measurement conversions, finding dimensions in geometry, computing statistics, and solving algebraic equations. General Mathematics Part I includes four multiple choice lesson exams and a midterm multiple choice exam. General Mathematics Part II includes six multiple choice lesson exams and a multiple choice final exam.
- Course Name: General Mathematics
- Subject Area: Mathematics
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Basic Mathematics. Pearson (2011)
Take Online Geometry for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online General Mathematics is an elective course for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!