Online English II Course
Our online English II course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere –- at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online English II course and becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: English II (General)
- Subject Area: English
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $299
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Prentice Hall Literature, Grade 10: Common Core Edition (Parts I, II): Pearson (2012)
English II (General) is an examination of the genres, writing techniques, themes, and styles associated with fine literature. Students will be asked to analyze literature and think critically about idea development. Skills developed will be integrated to form a strong foundation in literature, grammar and composition. Students will read a variety of works, including fiction and non-fiction short stories, various types of poetry, a novel of their choice, plays and famous speeches. Authors covered in the text include William Shakespeare, Dylan Thomas, Rudyard Kipling, Robert Frost, Alfred Tennyson, Maya Angelou and Alexander Pushkin among others. English II (General) focuses on comprehending complex text, analyzing argument, reading and analyzing poetry, reading informational and expository text, learning about the oral interpretation of literary works, analyzing how diction and syntax establish a writer's style, determining central ideas, identifying elements of plot structure literary drama, and Greek theater and tragedy. Students will learn to develop literary analysis with support from the text, reflect on and write about short story elements, write a cause and effect essay, a comparison essay and a persuasive essay. Skills are developed through writing assignments as well as multiple-choice exams.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.