Online Biology Course
Our online Biology course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere –- at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online Biology course and becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: Biology (General)
- Subject Area: Science
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $299
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Biology (Parts I, II): Pearson Prentice Hall (2010)
Biology (General) is designed to give students an understanding of how living organisms work and the various processes needed for survival. Topics include the nature of life, ecology, cells, genetics, microorganisms, plants, animals and the human body. Students will come to an understanding of how many of these topics are interrelated; for example, how cells form organs that create systems that allow various life functions. Students are given an opportunity to identify key concepts through the reading material and then apply that knowledge in review activities. Comprehension will be assessed through multiple choice exams and a comprehensive multiple choice final exam.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.