Online American History (College Prep)
American History traces the history of the earliest inhabitants of the Americas through the United States around the turn of the 20th century. The course outlines the founding principles of the US government, the acquisition of new territory post-colonial times, the causes and events of the Civil War, post-Civil War America and the rise of Industrialization in the United States. The course moves into the Progressive Era, World War I, the interwar period, the Great Depression and World War II. After World War II, the United States was seen as one of two world superpowers (with the USSR) and entered into the Cold War. The course delves into “hot spots” in the Cold War, the Civil Rights Movement, the development of a counterculture, and the resurgence of conservatism. The course concludes with more modern technological advancements, terrorism, and the Obama presidency.
Students will use a variety of resources to complete the study of United States History. These resources include the textbook, activities within the textbook, live lessons in the course chat room, interactive websites and study aides. Assessment of student learning occurs through multiple choice unit exams.
- Course Name: American History (College Prep)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: United States History and Geography. McGraw-Hill, (2018).
Take Online College Prep American History for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online College Prep American History is part of the curriculum for College Prep Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!