American History Course Online
Our American History course online is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your American History course online and becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: American History (College Prep)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep
- Price: $299
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: United States History, Prentice Hall Publishers (2013)
American History (College Prep) is a survey of important events in American history from the earliest discovery of the Americas to the American Civil War through modern times. Students will study major events and people that have shaped the United States as we know it today. Events such as colonization, the American Revolution, the formation of a constitutional government, slavery and the Civil War will be highlighted as will important figures in the settlement, founding, and development of the United States. Following the Civil War, students will study Reconstruction, the Industrialization of America, the Progressive Movement, World War I, the Great Depression, World War II, the Cold War, Vietnam, and events of the 80's, 90's, and 2000's. Students will use a variety of resources to complete the study of American History. These resources include the textbook, activities within the textbook, live lessons in the course chat room, interactive websites and study aides. Assessment of student learning occurs through multiple choice unit exams and short answer and essay-type questions in final examinations.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.