Online American History (College Prep)
In this course, you'll learn about native peoples who originally explored the land. You'll trace the paths of explorers and examine how colonies became the United States after breaking away from England. You'll study the founding principles of the US government, the acquisition of new territory post-colonial times, the causes and events of the Civil War, and post-Civil War America. You'll discover the impact industrialization in the United States had on the economy and society. You'll study the Progressive Era, World War I, the interwar period, the Great Depression, and World War II. You'll learn about the period after World War II, when the United States was seen as one of two world superpowers (with the USSR) and entered into the Cold War. You'll study the Civil Rights movement, the development of a counterculture, and the resurgence of conservatism. The course concludes with a discussion of modern technological advancements, terrorism, and the current state of politics.
Students are given an opportunity to identify core concepts through the reading material and then apply that knowledge in review activities. Comprehension will be assessed through formative activities, multiple-choice exams, a research assignment, and a comprehensive final exam.
- Course Name: American History (College Prep)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: All of your course materials are included in the course.
Take Online College Prep American History for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online College Prep American History is part of the curriculum for College Prep Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!