Online College Prep American Government & Economics
In the first part of the United States Government and Economics (College Prep) course, you'll examine the historical forces that influenced the English and, later, American governments and the forms of government created. You'll also investigate the way the government functions and learn about the US Constitution. The final part of the course centers on citizenship and the election process.
In the second part of the course, you’ll explore economics; the study of human choices in the face of limited resources. The course covers basic market concepts such as scarcity, supply and demand, government regulation, and trade. You’ll learn useful life skills in the personal finance section of the course. You’ll examine modern issues in economics such as poverty, modern farming, and the complicated problems faced by modern cities.
Students are given an opportunity to identify core concepts through the reading material and then apply that knowledge in review activities. Comprehension will be assessed through formative activities, multiple-choice exams, a research assignment, and a comprehensive final exam.
- Course Name: American Government & Economics (College Prep)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep
- Price: $
- Book(s)*: All of your course materials are included in the American Government course.The Economics course references Economics for Everybody, 4th Edition, Perfection Learning.
Take Online College Prep American Government & Economics for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online College Prep American Government & Economics is part of the curriculum for College Prep Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!