American Government and Economics Online Course
Our American Government and Economics College Prep online course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks, while traveling or during the summer break. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online American Government and Economics course and earning a high school diploma online.
Summer School - Online American Government and Economics Summer Course
We accept enrollments year-round in our online high school classes. You can easily take our online American Government and Economics summer course for high school credit recovery to make up credits with JMHS as your online summer school because we let you study on your own schedule. Being a JMHS online summer school student won't interfere with your job, family responsibilities or summer vacation, because you fit learning time comfortably into your routine.
Consider our Online American Government and Economics Summer Course if You Want to...
- Get ahead of your current social studies placement
- Make up high school credits for a previously failed or incomplete American Government and Economics course
- Catch up to your graduating class
- Course Name: American Government & Economics (College Prep)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep
- Price: $
- Book(s)*: Prentice McGruder's American Government (1st Edition, Volume 1): Pearson Prentice Hall (2010); Prentice Hall: Economics (1st Edition, Volume 1): Pearson Prentice Hall (2013)
Part 1 of American Government & Economics (College Prep) explores the structure, dynamics and processes of the American system of government, providing a comprehensive introduction to the origins and development of ideas and institutions that influence the contemporary political milieu. The course examines the development and composition of the Declaration of Independence, the United States Constitution, the three branches of government, political parties, and interest groups within the framework of the historical, economic and social context. Assessment of student learning occurs through multiple choice unit exams and short answer and essay-type questions in final examinations.
Part 2 of this course explores the fundamental economic question of the behavior of consumers, firms, and markets under the constrictions of scarcity. Topics covered include supply and demand analysis, determination of market prices, profit maximizing output, distribution of income, Gross Domestic Product, and fiscal and monetary policy. Assessment of student learning occurs through multiple choice unit exams and short answer and essay-type questions in final examinations.
Online High School - How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn American Government and Economics at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified American Government and Economics teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.
Enroll in our American Government and Economics online course as a single-purchase course for high school credit recovery or online summer school, or as part of our high school diploma curriculum. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!