Online World History Course
Our online World History course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere –- at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online World History course and becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: World History (General)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $299
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: World History, Pearson Prentice Hall (2011)
World History (General) is an in-depth study of our global community's past, emphasizing the people and events that changed past societies, and how these changes affect our modern society. The course is separated into lessons comprising the following topic areas: Early civilizations such as Ancient Greece and Rome, the rise of Christianity and civilizations of the Americas, societies of the Middle Ages such as the Byzantine Empire, Russia and Eastern Europe, the Renaissance and Reformation, the start of the Global Age in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Americas, the Age of Absolutism, the regional civilizations of Islam, Africa, and the spread of civilization in East and Southeast Asia. Other topic areas include the French Revolution and Napoleon, the beginning of the Industrial Revolution and the Revolutions of Europe and Latin America, Nationalism in Europe, the growth of Western Democracies, and New Imperialism. The course closes with World War I and the Russian Revolution, the rise of totalitarianism, World War II and its aftermath, the world since 1945 including the Cold War, the emergence of new nations, regional conflicts, the developing world and the world today. Understanding of the material will be conveyed through multiple choice exams.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.