Online World History
World History (General) is an in-depth study of our global community’s past, emphasizing the people and events that changed past societies, and how these changes affect our modern society. The course is separated into lessons comprising the following topic areas: Early civilizations such as Ancient Greece and Rome, the rise of Christianity and civilizations of the Americas, societies of the Middle Ages such as the Byzantine Empire, Russia and Eastern Europe, the Renaissance and Reformation, the start of the Global Age in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Americas, the Age of Absolutism, the regional civilizations of Islam, Africa, and the spread of civilization in East and Southeast Asia. Other topic areas include the French Revolution and Napoleon, the beginning of the Industrial Revolution and the Revolutions of Europe and Latin America, Nationalism in Europe, the growth of Western Democracies, and New Imperialism. The course closes with World War I and the Russian Revolution, the rise of totalitarianism, World War II and its aftermath, the world since 1945 including the Cold War, the emergence of new nations, regional conflicts, the developing world and the world today. Understanding of the material will be conveyed through multiple choice exams.
- Course Name: World History (General)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: World History. Pearson Prentice Hall (2011)
Take Online World History for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online World History is part of the curriculum for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!