Online World History
In this course, you’ll briefly study the features and achievements of ancient civilizations. You’ll learn about significant social and political changes in Europe during the Renaissance and Age of Exploration. You’ll discover the impact of migration of people, goods, and diseases to the Americas and Oceania. You’ll compare Chinese, Japanese, African, and American societies as they existed during the early modern period. You’ll also study Islamic empires that formed during the early modern period. You’ll learn about the Enlightenment and the effects of industrialization. You’ll discover how states in the western hemisphere developed after gaining independence from European colonial powers. You’ll learn about imperialism and the events leading up to the Great War. You'll study the great depression and its impact on the world. You’ll identify how people in Asia, Africa, and Latin America sought to gain independence from colonial powers. Finally, you’ll study the impact of World War II, the Cold War, and globalization on the world.
Students are given an opportunity to identify core concepts through the reading material and then apply that knowledge in review activities. Comprehension will be assessed through formative assessments, multiple-choice exams, and a final comprehensive exam.
- Course Name: World History (General)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Traditions and Encounters: A Brief Global History, 4E (Volume 2), McGraw-Hill.
Take Online World History for Summer School or Credit Recovery
- Consider a single-course enrollment for better focus
- Get ahead of your current placement in a specific subject area
- Make up failed or incomplete high school course credits as needed
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online World History is part of the curriculum for General Diploma students. You can also purchase it as a single course for high school credit recovery or online summer school. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!