Online Personal Finance Course
Our online Personal Finance course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere –- at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This course is available as part of a JMHS diploma program; not for individual purchase. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: Personal Finance
- Subject Area: Business
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: Not Available For Single Purchase
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s): Personal Finance (5th Edition), Pearson (2014)
Personal Finance equips students with the material necessary to understand, plan, and manage their financial affairs. This course focuses on the development of practical methods for organizing financial information, interpreting financial position and cash flow, developing achievable and worthwhile goals, and implementing actionable plans and risk management techniques to meet those goals. Specific topics covered include money management, insurance, and investing. Assessments in this course are designed to help students gauge their understanding of the course materials through the grading process. Exams and assignments vary in size and number and include multiple-choice, essay writing, and/or short answer assessments.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons