Online Fitness Course
Our online Fitness course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere – at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This course is available as part of a JMHS diploma program; not for individual purchase. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: Fitness
- Subject Area: Life Skills
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: Not Available For Single Purchase
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s): Fit to Be Well: Essential Concepts (3rd Edition), Thygerson & Thygerson (2013); Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook (5th Edition), Clark (2014); The T-Factor Fat Gram Counter, Katahn.
Fitness teaches the importance of exercise and wellness as part of a healthy lifestyle. Topics include Cardiovascular Fitness, Flexibility, Body Mechanics, Diet and Weight Management, Managing Stress and Injury Prevention. Students will take a multiple choice exam after each lesson.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks