Fitness teaches the importance of exercise and wellness as part of a healthy lifestyle. Topics include Cardiovascular Fitness, Flexibility, Body Mechanics, Diet and Weight Management, Managing Stress and Injury Prevention. Students will take a multiple choice exam after each lesson.
- Course Name: Fitness
- Subject Area: Life Skills
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: Not Available For Single Purchase
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Fit to Be Well: Essential Concepts (3rd Edition). Thygerson & Thygerson (2013); Nancy Clark's Sports Nutrition Guidebook (5th Edition), Clark (2014); The T-Factor Fat Gram Counter. Katahn.
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.
Online Fitess is an elective course for College Prep Diploma students and General Diploma students. Call 1-800-349-6861 or enroll online now!