Online Earth Science Course
Our online Earth Science course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere –- at home, during work breaks or while traveling. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online Earth Science course and becoming a high school graduate.
- Course Name: Earth Science
- Subject Area: Science
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $299
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: Earth Science (Parts I, II): Pearson Prentice Hall (2011)
Earth Science is the study of Earth's processes in the hydrosphere, geosphere, atmosphere and biosphere. Topics include rocks and minerals, weathering, earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, oceanography, meteorology, and astronomy. Students will come to an understanding of how many of these topics are interrelated. For example, Earth's plate tectonics lead to earthquakes and the formation of mountains and/or volcanoes. Students identify key concepts through the reading material and then apply that knowledge in review activities and virtual field trips. Comprehension will be assessed through multiple choice exams and a comprehensive final exam.
How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisorsAttend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessonsGet additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource CenterComplete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.