Online American History Course
Our online American History course is comprehensive and convenient. Regionally accredited JMHS lets you study online at your own pace from anywhere –- at home, during work breaks, while traveling or during the summer break. This is a two-part course. Enroll online at JMHS anytime to be a step closer to completing your online American History course and earning a high school diploma online.
Summer School - Online American History Summer Course
We accept enrollments year-round in our online high school classes. You can easily take our online American History summer course for high school credit recovery to make up credits with JMHS as your online summer school because we let you study on your own schedule. Being a JMHS summer school student won't interfere with your job, family responsibilities or summer vacation, because you fit learning time comfortably into your routine.
Consider our Online American History Summer Course if You Want to...
- Get ahead of your current social studies placement
- Make up high school credits for a previously failed or incomplete American History course
- Catch up to your graduating class
- Course Name: American History (General)
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: General
- Price: $
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: United States History: Prentice Hall Publishers (2013)
American History (General) is a survey of important events in American history from the earliest discovery of the Americas to the American Civil War through modern times. Students will study major events and people that have shaped the United States as we know it today. Events such as colonization, the American Revolution, the formation of a constitutional government, slavery and the Civil War will be highlighted as will important figures in the settlement, founding, and developing of the United States. Following the Civil War, students will study Reconstruction, the Industrialization of America, the Progressive Movement, World War I, the Great Depression, World War II, the Cold War, Vietnam, and events of the 80's, 90's, and 2000's. Students will use a variety of resources to complete the study of American History. These resources include the textbook, activities within the textbook, live lessons in the course chat room, interactive websites and study aides. Assessment of student learning occurs through multiple choice exams.
Online High School - How It Works
- Access your eBook and lessons through your Student Portal
- Study any time and learn American History at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified American History teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include eBooks only.