Students will learn the basic concepts, formulas, and practices used by accountants to evaluate and manage common business practices. Course coverage includes mastery of the concepts of the accounting cycle and multiple applications of accounting practices to business operations like merchandising, inventory, payroll, and the tracking and management of business assets. Students will also learn the accounting applications required for the structuring of partnerships and corporations and how to create and evaluate financial statements, as well as financial management of departments and manufacturing accounts.
- Course Name: Accounting
- Subject Area: Business
- Credits: 1 Unit
- Track: College Prep, General
- Price: Not Available For Single Purchase
- Syllabus: Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Book(s)*: College Accounting: A Practical Approach (12th ed). Pearson (2013).
How Online High School Courses Work
- Access ebooks and lessons through your own secure Student Portal
- Study any time day or night and learn at your own pace
- Request academic guidance from certified teachers and academic advisors
- Attend voluntary weekly teacher-led live lessons at our virtual high school
- Get additional study assistance from our online Learning Resource Center
- Complete the course in as few as 6 weeks
*NOTE: Individual course purchases include ebooks only.