English & Math Courses are Informed by Common Core State Standards
The cornerstone of the quality education you’ll receive at James Madison High School is our Common Core-informed English and Math curriculum. Very few online schools follow the recommendations of the CCSS, which mandates common core standards in a curriculum that prepares students for college and the workforce. If you want the assurance of a positive graduate outcome, JMHS is your answer!
Common Core Standards Assure you of a Superior Quality Education
CCSS is a state-led effort coordinated by the National Governors Association Center for Best Practices (NGA Center) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO). The Common Core State Standards were developed in collaboration with teachers, school administrators and other experts.
The content of English and Math courses in James Madison High School’s online high school diploma program is informed by with these standards. The common core standards clearly communicate what is expected of students at each grade level.
Criteria for Common Core State Standards
- Are aligned with college and work expectations
- Are clear, understandable and consistent
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current state standards
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all students are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society
- Are evidence-based
WHY JMHS? TOP 5 REASONS
- 1 National & regional accreditation
- 2 Anytime, anywhere learning
- 3 Low Interest-free monthly tuition
- 4 Year-round enrollment
- 5 Graduate faster with transfer